sikilmahfud

glass of creativity and motivation

AIESEC, abbreviation from Association Internationale des Étudiants en Sciences Économiques et Commerciales, is the biggest youth organization in the world. Established in 1948 after WWII ended, this organization has activities in social field. This organization takes care about world issues like poverty and environment. Hence AIESEC holds activities like seminar, internship, and many.

Indonesia has joined AIESEC since 1987. Now in Indonesia there are several AIESEC branches, one of them is in my hometown, Malang, AIESEC branch is in Brawijaya University. The organization’s committees are Brawijaya’s students. AIESEC also has partnership with Machung University to expand network.

June 26,2009, me and friends did interview in UB. The purpose is to select buddy for intern that would come to Malang. We could pass that interview if we have enough English language skill and high interest about this activity. One day after, I got information that he could pass the interview.

June 27,2009, me and friends went to UB to see the intern which would be accompanied. Mostly of interns that come to Malang was from China and the rest was from Korea, India, Germany, India, Holland, and Poland. I got intern from China, Zhao Qinhao. He comes from Tsinghua University, Beijing. His department is marketing. He came at July 1, 2009.


My interns, Zhao Qinhao. This photo was taken when he was in Borobudur Temple in Jogjakarta.

Interns were divided into several groups according to their project like Tourism, Go Green, and Children. Qinhao got Go Green group, the project that take care about environment issues. The place where Qinhao works was in Tunas Hijau, its location is the south of Malang’s library. In addition, sometimes Qinhao and the other interns in Go Green project were also sent to many schools in Malang to give environment seminar to children.


Zhao Qinhao and another interns in Borobudur temple, Jogjakarta. They are mostly from China, the rest are from Poland, Norway, and Korea.

My task as buddy was helping intern so he could live by himself in Malang. I helped Qinhao to teach how to go to his working place by himself, give information about the nearest stall and the other important place. In addition, if Qinhao had free time, I accompanied him to introduce Malang. I invited him to go to Araya, Matos, and Tidar villa.


Me, interns from Go Green project, and AISEC's committee from Brawijaya University. Nice photo hehehe...

There are many experiences that I got. I could improve English and Mandarin language skill. I also knew more about Malang like the important place for tourism and public transportation’s route. In addition, there are also how to manage time, make promise, be more professional, and many knowledge from different people. It’s very meaningful!

0 komentar:

About Me

My photo
Hi, just call me Yose. I am just an ordinary boy who keeps learning. Someday I want to participate more in science and technology...^_^

Followers

Today Is

Follow my Instagram